Dear Patients and Families of Warsaw Orthodontics,
Our office will reopen for appointments beginning on Monday, May 4, 2020. As we prepare to provide treatment again, we would like to share with you the protocol that we will be implementing. Please know that the health and safety of our patients, families, and staff, is our top priority. We want to be able to provide continuity of orthodontic care in the safest way possible. Much of our new protocol will look similar to the way we operated shortly before we closed in March. We have always and will continue to adhere to the recommendations and guidelines provided by OSHA and the CDC.
All areas in the office considered to be “high touch,” will be out of use for the time being. This includes the coffee bar, water dispenser, IPADs, toys, and toothbrushing stations.
Prior to the patient’s appointment
- We will be sending an Informed Consent (COVID-19) and Health History form to fill out and return at least 24 hours prior to the appointment (Click Here to complete them online)
- Please brush your teeth prior to arriving to our office
Once you arrive at our office
- Text or call (574)269-3621 to let us know that you have arrived
- When we are ready for you, our Front Desk Coordinator will text/call back to let you know that you can come into the office
- We are asking that only the patient enter our office unless you are coming for a new patient exam. This greatly reduces the amount of foot traffic in our office and helps to create a safe environment for our staff and each of you.
- Should a parent need to join their child for the appointment, we are asking that you please wear a face mask in order to help us keep our environment as safe as possible
- A team member will greet you in our vestibule where we will take your temperature and dispense hand sanitizer. The team member will be wearing goggles, a facemask, and a lab coat.
- The patient will then be escorted to the clinic area for their appointment
- Once the appointment is complete, a staff member will walk the patient back to the front of the office. Our front desk coordinator will call the parent to discuss the visit and schedule the next appointment. We will also have the patient use hand sanitizer again prior to leaving.
After Your Appointment
For the safety and health of our patients and staff, we are kindly asking that you monitor your own health of that of your close contacts for a period of two weeks following your visit to our office. During that two week period, should you or someone that you have had contact with, develop symptoms of Covid-19, please call our office and report this so that we can take appropriate precautions.
Please know, we understand there is some urgency with wanting to continue your treatment and we want to be able to provide that for you. While the nature of our services does not allow for social distancing between clinician and patient, we are practicing social distancing between patients and keeping foot traffic in our office to a minimum. Therefore, it is necessary that we limit the number of patients that we see in our office at any given time. In light of these changes, it may take longer to get your appointment rescheduled. Patients who have appointments previously scheduled in May will receive a phone call to reschedule their appointment for a different day or time.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone again, welcoming you back to our office, and having fun giving you a beautiful smile!
-Dr. Watson and staff